Teens “N” Truancy
The importance of education is an accepted fact not only in the U.S., but throughout the world. Unfortunately, thousands of teens drop out of school in the U.S. annually, even though laws are specific about a minor’s responsibility to attend school as well as a parent’s responsibility and liability, if their child doesn’t attend.
Truancy is a major concern not only for the educational community, Law Enforcement and parents, but also has a direct impact on our economy.
This class focuses on the following issues:
- Why so many teens choose to leave school, despite our economy and jobs being difficult find?
- What are the consequences to teens and parents for “habitual” truancy?
- Who loses when a teen leaves school?
- The connection between truancy and other crimes.
- What the future may or may not hold for the uneducated person?